Acupuncture treatment for Schizophrenia Chennai
Schizophrenia Treatment in Chennai
A mental disorder characterised by delusions, hallucinations, disorganized thoughts, speech and behavior.
The condition is characterised by a slow, steady deterioration (becoming progressively worse) of the personality, particularly involving thinking, conduct and depth of insight. The precise aetiology is not known. Hereditary factors are thought to be responsible for some of the cases. There is a slowly progressive withdrawal from reality. Alteration of mood may manifest in the form of euphoria or depression. Speech and behaviour become irrelevant, irrational or delusional. Delusion of grandeur or persecution are often present. Logical reasoning becomes impossible. Disturbances of consciousness, memory and orientation are present.
There are many factors that normally contribute to the onset of schizophrenia
The actual causes of schizophrenia are not fully understood.
- Abnormal functioning of neurotransmitters such as dopamine can cause schizophrenia.
- Schizophrenia tends to run in families. If a parent has the disorder, the offsprings are susceptible to the disease.
Abnormality in the brain:
- Abnormalities such as shrinkage in brain, or circuitry dysfunction can cause schizophrenia.
Complications during pregnancy and birth:
- Chances of a child getting Schizophrenia are increased by infection or malnutrition during pregnancy and complications during birth such as brain injury.
Schizophrenia is diagnosed by the characteristic clinical picture. There is no diagnostic test available for schizophrenia. Doctors study the genetic and developmental background of the patient and changes in mental state before the onset of illness.
How common is condition?
Common (More than 10 lakh cases in India per year)
- Common for ages 18-35
- More common in males
- Family history may increase likelihood
- Urgent attention recommended in severe cases
Acupuncture Treatment for Schizophrenia
Research finding that Acupuncture was effective in alleviating schizophrenia and the side effects of psychiatric medication. Acupuncture also improved energy levels, sleep and motivation. Acupuncture decreased anxiety, Improved sleep patterns, increased motivation including sex drive, and ambition to further in education and work, improved socialization and concentration, reduced addictive behaviour like alcohol and smoking, Improved diet and weight loss too.