Bed Wetting - Nocturnal Enuresis
Acupuncture treatment for Incontinence – Bed Wetting – Nocturnal Enuresis
Bed Wetting / Urinary Incontinence Treatment in Chennai
Best Acupuncture Treatment for Bed wetting in Chennai – Urinary Incontinence:
Bed wetting condition is characterised by unintentional urination during sleep. The condition is common in children. Before the diagnosis is made any gross urologic abnormality should be ruled out. The intermittent passage of urine in infancy is governed by a spinal reflex. The control of micturition by higher cerebral centres is achieved in the second year of life.
Bed wetting after the age of 3 years is considered abnormal. The incidence of this condition is 12.5% at the age of 5 years, 5% at the age of 9 years, and less that 1% at puberty. The condition usually occurs in those children who receive toilet training at the later age. The organic conditions which should be excluded are diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus, chronic renal failure, urinary tract infection and mental retardation. Sometimes bed-wetting is a sigh of obstructive sleep apnea.
Nocturnal enuresis is not always related to an underlying condition. It may be caused by:
- Slow development of brain- bladder control
- Smaller bladder capacity
- Alcohol intoxication
Self-treatment: Self- care steps that may be helpful in some less- serious cases:
- Try using bed wetting alarm
- Positive reinforcement techniques
- Avoid drinking water/fluids before going to bed
- Create a schedule for bathroom use
- Avoid or limit drinking caffeinated and carbonated drinks
See a doctor if you notice:
- Frequent disruption of sleep
- The child continues to wet the bed after 7 years of age
- Regular snoring
- Emotional issues like low self-esteem, social withdrawal
- Hard stools
See a doctor immediately if you notice:
- Painful urination
- Unusual thirst
- Pink or red urine
Acupuncture can be much helpful to recover from Bed wetting – Nocturnal Enuresis.
A new study shows that acupuncture for bedwetting is an effective treatment. Nocturnal enuresis is involuntary urination during sleep and is most typical among children. Most children overcome this disorder by age seven but clinical conditions may persist indefinitely in some patients if left untreated.
In a surprising finding, acupuncture for bedwetting is a natural remedy for bedwetting that was shown to be more effective than bedwetting alarms. natural treatment for incontinence is effective with no side effects.
Urinary incontinence – Adult Bed Wetting
Urinary Incontinence is the loss of bladder control that is a common and often embarrassing problem for the Adults. The severity ranges from the occasional urine leak when sneezing or coughing to the urge to urinate so suddenly and strongly that you don’t go to the bathroom in time.
Although it is more common with age, urinary incontinence is not an inevitable consequence of aging, Acupuncture treatment can relieve symptoms or stop urinary incontinence. Urinary incontinence is not a disease, it is a symptom. It can be caused by daily habits, underlying medical conditions, or physical problems. A thorough evaluation by your doctor can help you determine what’s behind your incontinence.
Several controlled investigations find acupuncture treatment for incontinence is safe and effective for reducing the amount of urine leakage and frequency of uncontrolled urine leakage. The investigations reveal that acupuncture for incontinence outperforms medications and enhances the effectiveness of Kegel exercises and herbal medicines.
Home Remedies for Urinary incontinence symptoms:
- Avoid bladder irritants such as caffeine, alcohol, artificial sweeteners and tobacco.
- If you have urge incontinence, you may find that acidic foods, such as oranges and tomatoes irritate your bladder. Pay attention to how you feel after you eat something, and if you feel it is an irritant, trust that feeling and don’t eat it anymore.
- Drink 6 – 8 glasses of water every day. Carbonated water can make urge incontinence worse. Some people think that limiting liquids will help, but it actually does the opposite. Not being hydrated irritates the bladder, making incontinence worse.
- Eat cranberries and blueberries. They contain substances that prevent urinary tract infections. However, if you have an overactive bladder, cranberries might irritate your bladder because they are acidic.
- For women, as we move into and through menopause, the relationship between bladder control and hormonal balance becomes more evident. Topical bioidentical estrogen applied to the vaginal wall near the area of the urethra clearly helps strengthen the pelvic floor.
- Squat often. Squatting stretches the pelvic floor in a healthy way.
- Do other exercises that strengthen the pelvic floor. I often teach these to my patients. Some physical therapists specialize in this field.
Acupuncture is one of the best natural remedy for bed wetting that is found useful for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Jayanth Acupuncture Clinic provides best and effective Acupuncture Treatment for Bed Wetting – Urinary Incontinence in Chennai by Experienced and Certified Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture Specialist / Acupuncture Doctors.
Get started with a consultation today.
Contact Jayanth Acupuncture For Best Acupuncture Treatment for Bed Wetting in Chennai