Insomnia - Sleep Disorder
Acupuncture treatment for Insomnia in Chennai
Insomnia Treatment in Chennai
Acupuncture Treatment For Insomnia – Acupuncture is a Natural Remedy for Insomnia or Sleeplessness or Sleep Disorder, Acupuncture Gives Faster Recovery without any Medications.
“Peace of mind is an essential preliminary to sleep” – William McDougall.
Few common conditions cause more misery and discomfort to the patients than insomnia. The whole mental and physical vigour is impaired, tolerance is reduced, reaction to situations becomes abnormal and the capacity for work is decreased.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder also known as Wakefulness or Dyssomnia which is an inability to sleep or to sleep for long enough to get a proper night’s rest. The main effect of insomnia is that you feel constantly tired, irritable, and may have poor coordination and concentration. Sleep is necessary to repair the body and provide physical and mental rest.
In most instances insomnia is due to pain or anxiety. Various painful situations like back ache, abdominal pain, restless leg syndrome and acroparesthesia (tingling, prickling, burning, or numb feeling in the hands or feet – which can be very painful) are known to disturb sleep. The psychiatric illness which causes insomnia include anxiety necrosis, depression, maniac depressive psychosis and hypochondriasis. Insomnia may occur either in the form of a difficulty in falling asleep and tendency to sleep late or an early morning walking inability to return to sleep.
Symptoms of Insomnia
It can be a symptom of some underlying condition. The symptoms include:
- Difficulty falling deep sleep at night
- Waking up during the night and being unable to return to sleep
- Waking up earlier than desired
- Feeling tiredness after a night’s sleep
- Daytime fatigue or sleepiness
- Irritability, Depression, or anxiety
- Poor focus & concentration
- Tension headaches (feels like a tight band around head)
- Difficulty in socializing
- Worrying about sleeping
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
What Causes Insomnia?
Insomnia usually caused due to anxiety, stress or trauma.
Few short-term causes could be due to disruptions in circadian rhythm- biological clock of sleep-wake cycle of the human body, which could be because of:
- Work shifts – If there is regular change in work timings
- Jet lag – travelling to different time zones might disturb our sleep pattern for one or few days
- Moving and sleeping at high altitudes
- Environmental noise
Psychological issues which cause insomnia includes:
- Depression, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders and bipolar disorder.
- Medical conditions involving chronic pain
- Hormonal changes due to menstruation or menopause
Other factors may include:
- Snoring noise of the partner
- Hyper / Over thinking mind
- Keep a standard bedtime and wakeup time, including weekends too
- Stay active throughout the day
- Keep a check on medications to see if they are contributing to insomnia
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol, and stop using nicotine
- Avoid heavy meals and beverages just before bedtime
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual, such as taking a warm bath, reading or listening to relaxing music
If untreated, the condition leads to
- Poor performance in the job or at school.
- Slowed reaction time while driving and a higher risk of accidents.
- Mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety disorder or substance abuse.
- Increased risk and severity of long-term diseases or conditions, such as high blood pressure and heart disease.
Acupuncture Treatment for Insomnia in Chennai
Try acupuncture for insomnia, it’s worked for thousands of people. acupuncture is today a effective, well-known and proven healing modality that is practiced worldwide. While acupuncture shows promise for treating sleep disorders, like insomnia, there is scientific evidence. Still, acupuncture is a safe alternative to medications without side effects.
If you want to try acupuncture treatment for Insomnia / Sleep Disorder / Sleeplessness, make sure you referred to a experienced and qualified acupuncture practitioner. so the benefits can be tremendous
Insomnia Treatment in Jayanth Acupuncture!
At the Jayanth Acupuncture Clinic various modalities of acupuncture treatment for Insomnia in chennai offered by experienced and certified Acupuncturists. Our Acupuncturist Dr.Parimala Selvi is the Only Certified Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncturist in Chennai, South India.
Get started with a consultation today to get Best Acupuncture Treatment In Chennai
Contact Jayanth Acupuncture Clinic to schedule an appointment for initial evaluation and best acupuncture treatment for Insomnia in Chennai. If your are in Chennai, try to reach us by searching Best Acupuncture Treatment for Insomnia or Sleeplessness or Sleep Disorders or Sleep Apnea in Chennai or Acupuncture Near Me in Chennai to find us…