Menstruation is the normal physiological function in females, and it has rhythm and periodicity but due to various reasons there are deviations in the normal cycle.
The irregularities in the cycle or duration or bleeding is called irregular menstruation. The causes of the disease are Menorrhagia, Metrorrhagia, Polymenorrhoea, Oligomenorrhoea, Amenorrhoea etc.
- Menorrhagia : Excessive bleeding with normal length of cycles.
- Metrorrhagia : Irregular flow at times other than the normal menstrual period.
- Polymenorrhoea : Normal bleeding with shorter cycles
- Oligomenorrhea : Santy bleeding or longer cycles. The significance of this is similar to Amenorrhoea
- Amenorrhoea : Absence of menstruation.
Menstrual irregularities may be caused by
- Uterine Polyp
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Psychological Problems
Above these Menstrual Problems / Menstrual Irregularities can be easily treated by Acupuncture